At Ascend Financial Planning, LLC, we respect the personal financial privacy of all our clients and customers both current and former. It is important to realize that we understand our clients have entrusted us with private personal financial information, and it is important to us that all employees, officers and clients of our Firm know our policy concerning what we do with that information.
We collect personal financial information about our clients from the following sources:
- Information our clients provide to us to complete their financial plan;
- Information our clients provide to us in agreements, account applications, and other documents completed in connection with the opening and maintenance of their accounts;
- Information our clients provide to us orally; and
- Information we may receive from third parties, such as brokerage firms, about our clients’ transactions with us or with others.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal financial information about our clients to anyone, except in the following circumstances:
- When required to provide services our clients have requested;
- When our clients have specifically authorized us to do so in writing; or
- When permitted or required by law.
To ensure security and confidentiality, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the privacy of our clients.
Nothing about our clients is discussed outside our offices with family, friends or other clients and within the office. A client’s situation is never discussed with someone else that may request information about an account unless there is specifically authorization in writing by the client to do so. This includes giving information to a husband on his wife’s IRA account, to a son or daughter about their mom or dad’s accounts, etc.