Laura Scharr-Bykowsky is principal of Ascend Financial Planning, LLC a financial planning firm in Columbia, SC. She is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and member of the Garret Planning Network, Inc., an international network of professional fee-only financial advisors and planners offering financial planning advice to people of all ages and stages of life. Members are dedicated to providing cost-effective financial advice and acting in the best interest of their clients.
Since 2008, Laura has enjoyed helping people find solutions to achieve their important life goals. Her specialty is creating customized, holistic plans for people 5-15 years from retirement. Laura is also dedicated to financial literacy and has been a regular contributor to WLTX channel 19 for their “Money Monday” segment. She has been interviewed in Money Magazine, Investment News, US News and World Report, SmartMoney, CNNMoney and the Wall Street Journal.
Laura also has over ten years of experience in the corporate world, working for organizations such as RJR-Nabisco Brands, Brown Forman-Lenox, and Music Choice (a division of Time Warner), she managed multi-million dollar modernization projects, conducted company-wide profit improvement seminars, provided strategic direction for national new product launches and managed sales and marketing programs to meet budgetary goals.
Her formal education includes:
- BS in Chemical Engineering from Lehigh University
- MBA from Rutgers University Graduate School of Management
- CFP® certification program in Personal Financial Planning, USC Moore School of Business; Most Outstanding Student Award
- Passing the rigorous 2-day, 10-hour CFP® certification examination
- Being awarded the CFP® designation in 2008
Laura is also a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA).
Laura is available for financial planning seminars.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Are You Ready for Retirement?
- What Women Need to Know About Their Finances
- The Top Ten Ways to Improve Your Finances Now
Or Ascend Financial Planning, LLC can customize a presentation to meet the needs of your employees or group. Contact us for a fee schedule and availability.