Laura Scharr-Bykowsky is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and member of the Garret Planning Network, Inc., an international network of professional fee-only financial advisors and planners offering hourly, as-needed financial planning and advice to people of all ages and stages of life. Members are dedicated to providing effective, objective financial advice.
With over ten years experience in the corporate world, working for organizations such as RJR-Nabisco Brands, Brown Forman-Lenox, and Music Choice (a division of Time Warner), she managed multi-million dollar modernization projects, conducted companywide profit improvement seminars, provided strategic direction for national new product launches and managed sales and marketing programs to meet budgetary goals.
Now, Laura enjoys providing comprehensive financial advice and planning to families, professionals, retirees and small business owners who are unsure about their financial options and need comprehensive, considerate and cost-effective planning and support.
Her formal education includes:
- BS in Chemical Engineering from Lehigh University
- MBA from Rutgers University Graduate School of Management
- CFP® certification program in Personal Financial Planning, USC Moore School of Business; Most Outstanding Student Award
- Passing the rigorous 2-day, 10-hour CFP® certification examination
- Being awarded the CFP® designation in 2008
Laura is also a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA).
Laura is available for financial planning seminars. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Are You Ready for Retirement?
- What Women Need to Know About Their Finances
- The Top Ten Ways to Improve Your Finances Now
Or Ascend Financial Planning, LLC can customize a presentation to meet the needs of your employees or group. Contact us for a fee schedule and availability.